Corgi Dog Bark

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Thrift Store Looks!

Hello there and welcome to my blog~! 
Thank you to each and every one of you for taking the time to stop by and check it out!
I promise I will do my best to bring you great style guides and reviews.
Please bear with me as I get my blog looking better as I go along. 


A lot of people tell me they can't afford to dress Harajuku, Alternative or Kawaii style so my first post is going to be about a couple of outfits I put together at a thrift store!
These pictures aren't the greatest and I apologize for that but I will be trying to take better pictures in the future! ^-^
Here are the 2 outfits I got pictures of. I will be taking more for my next post soon! 
 Both outfits were between 20-26$ total. The same undershirt is worn in both but the price of the shirt is calculated in to both outfits. c:
When I go to a thrift or second hand store, it can be extremely overwhelming for me. 
I usually end up going with a few specific things in mind so I don't have to comb the entire store. 
Today, I went looking for short skirts, long oversizes sweaters and frilly shirts. 

If you try to break down the look you want then it's sometimes easier to pull the look together. 
I never go to the store and see how things are going to look in an outfit when they are on the hanger. I've found however for me that the if I go looking for a specific item, I just pick up every item I find that fits the description whether I hate it or not and then I try on everything together.

For example for sweaters: I will look for sweaters that are both long and not too tight. Then I make sure they are the right material that I'm looking for. If it matches those things, I grab it and try it on. 

For skirts: I just find something that isn't too long and has either a school-y look or a frilly girly skirt and go from there. Skater skirts work well too. 

As far as shirts go: Today, I just tried to find anything white that could look Victorian or has long drapey bows or other such things I might like. 

All of this is based on your specific taste, so go crazy with it! Just try to keep in mind the look you want when going into a store that has a thousand and one racks. :)


Here are the separate pieces of both outfits. <3


The shirt! (You may need a cami or undershirt for some of the shirts I wear. I tend to pick a lot of see through ones.)


 The oversized sweater and school girl type skirt for look 1!


 This skirt is more pleated and has under lace. <3

That's basically it for right now! I have a couple of other posts in mind so stay tuned for more! ^^
Thank you for reading my blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment